COVID 19 - Policy and Practices
This page was updated on October 31, 2020
Crazy times in 2020
2020 was an interesting and different year for us all. After a slow start to the season, the island was busy with tourists from mid July until the end of October. We were lucky to have no COVID-19 cases reported on the island until October 14, an isolated case that seems to have been contained.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
We are currently taking bookings for 2021, In the hope the coronavirus situation will improve and to give us all something to look forward to. No deposit is required until you have booked your flights and travel seems likely. Any cancellation is Free.
Operational Practices - Sea Kayaking
Sea Kayak Milos takes the health and safety of our guests as our highest priority. In light of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are modifying our operation:
- Pre-Trip statement. All guests will be asked to sign a health form, stating you do not have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you are aware you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Our guides and guests should maintain appropriate social distance.
- All kayaking equipment will be washed with soap and water and not used for at least 3 days between guests.
- Pick up and drop off services will continue, masks must be worn in the car. If you provide your own transport there is a reduced cost.
- We will continue to provide picnic lunches however we will serve individual portions rather than our usual buffet-style. If you prefer to supply your own food, please let us know the day before the trip.
Operational Practices - Petrinela's Guesthouse
- Minimum of 24 hours between guests.
- Sheets and towels to be washed at 60° C with disinfectant detergent.
- Additional room cleaning with alcohol based detergents.
- During your stay rooms will be cleaned every 4 days unless requested otherwise.
- Fresh sheets and towels will be delivered to your door every 2 days unless requested otherwise.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the rooms and reception area.
- Management have received online training on hygiene protocols and incident management.
- Staff and Guests should maintain appropriate social distance.
- Breakfast will be available at the Kafeneio as table service or you can take it to your room.